Drop in and see what we can do for you!
What interests us is you. We believe we can teach better by taking into account your needs, your learning pace and your daily routine. For this reason we work in small groups
We have a number of different courses here in Escuela Dime. All of them follow the communicative method - that is, from the very beginning you will understand, read, write and above all speak in Spanish. The teachers know your needs as a Spanish student, and will teach you the use of the language in a variety of real-world contexts - in this way you’ll be able to put the Spanish you learned in class into practice outside the classroom. In a short time, you will be able to deal easily with Barcelona and its people, going about your daily routine in a calm and easy manner, using the Spanish language as the means of communication.
What interests us is you. We believe we can teach better by taking into account your needs, learning pace and your daily routine. For this reason we work in small groups (3 to 10 students per class)
We use a textbook at each level as well as teacher-supplied supplemental material along with various activities (role-plays, games, audio, movie screenings, readings, newspaper articles, commentary, etc.) This helps to create a good dynamic that speeds the pace of learning.
Spanish Courses, English courses and Catalan Courses are Monday to Friday morning, afternoon or evening. There is also the possibility of extensive courses of 3 or 4 hours on Saturdays.
You can start Spanish classes in Barcelona every Monday and can register at any time. Before you start, come to the school and do a test to assess your level (up to 30 minutes). Here you’ll meet one of our teachers and you can explain your experience with Spanish, your challenges and your goals. Then we'll tell you what group you can join. Registration is free.
We have courses at all levels: A1-A2, B1-B2, C1-C2. Adaptation classes are included in the price if your level is not that required by the course. The level standards used follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
There are Spanish courses in Barcelona for:
Basic Speaker (A1-A2):
- Level A1: students can understand and use frequently-used expressions and simple phrases for immediate needs. Are capable of introducing themselves and others, and are able to give simple personal information. Can communicate in an elementary manner if their interlocutor speaks slowly and clearly.
- Level A2: students can use and understand phrases and expressions relating to their environment. Can exchange information in a simple manner and speak of their environment in basic terms.
Independent Speaker (B1-B2):
- Level B1: students can understand text about familiar topics in normal language. Can deal with most situations that may arise. Can produce simple and coherent written material. Can describe experiences, events, desires and wishes, and can justify their opinion or plans.
- Level B2: students are able to understand complex texts. Can interact with native speakers fluently and naturally. Can produce detailed and clear written material as well as giving their views on general topics.
Proficient Speaker (C1-C2):
- Level C1: students are able to understand a wide variety of complex and demanding texts. They can express themselves spontaneously and fluently with little obvious searching for expressions. Can use the language in a variety of social, academic or professional contexts. Can produce clear, well-structured written material on a variety of complex topics.
- Level C2: students are practically bilingual. Can understand everything they hear or see. Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation. Can express themselves spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating nuances of meaning even in the most complex situations.